9/27/13

World premiere of "We Apologize For Any Inconvenience"



Danita S.
I had a fantastic performance with Banana Peel at BARD High School this past spring. I also had the opportunity to premiere a new solo "We apologize for any inconvenience" with Danita as the soloist. This girl is a beast! Such a fun process and she really brought my thoughts and ideas to life. To have a dancer who is so smart, talented and willing to go on an adventure with you is such a pleasure. THANK YOU DANITA!!!!
Below is the video from that show. But of course I didn't have enough memory so I didn't get all if it.
Oh well, c'est la vie!
I hope you enjoy!

Remi


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dance! That's an unusual title for a dance routine. How did you come up with the title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kevinmarsh135!
    The piece was inspired from a time I was waiting for a delayed train in NYC. The announcement kept saying "we apologize for any inconvenience" which was more irritating than helpful.
    Cheers!
    Remi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky you were able to understand that announcement. Had it been the typical garbled mess in another station that dance might've been called: "fksjefefuvasdasbdihfhfiddfhodpfpdfspdjffcdlad."

    ReplyDelete