9/27/13

8 More FEMALE producers you didn't know are running things.

Eboni Smith
Photo credit: Genesis Be 
Speaking with DJ's I always ask why I never see more female DJ's at the big parties and events. Simply put "there aren't that many around and most do not get the exposure that male DJ's do." While I agree with the second part of that answer I have to call BS on the first part. No, they are around and their presence and influence is beginning to grow.
I ran across this article today which ties into the Gender Amplified Conference happening tomorrow. The founder, Ebonie Smith, created original music for a production I danced in, Sydnie L. Mosley Dances' "The Window Sex Project". It's wonderful to see people passionate about their work and art form making things happen! She built this conference from scratch in order to acknowledge all the creative work from female musicians and producers that aren't being celebrated.
Enjoy!
And Happy Friday!
8 More Female Producers You Didn’t Know Are Running Things | MTV IGGY

No comments:

Post a Comment