12/3/14

New work: How To: Form


 


I have a new project that I am very excited about! Despite/in spite what's been going on, this notion of bodies keeps coming up for me. How we define it, value it, and share it.

My new collaboration, How To: Form, with the uber talented visual artist Michelle Golden and the uber, uber talented Gregory Honigsberg as part of the Tiny Dance Festival premieres this week at The Brick Theater. We are Program B with a performance onFriday 12/5 @ 7pm & Saturday 12/6 at 9pm. Get yo' tickets here.
How To: Form investigates the many facets of our identity based on race, gender, and social pressures through a personal lens. Let's take a look at how we view ourselves when we think no one is looking.

This collaboration came to fruition from an impromptu photo session at Michelle Golden's Art studio in Brooklyn, NY. To see more photos of me with a red wig on and other photos in this series click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment